Nice start to the San Francisco Tour tonight at Cafe du Nord. Jeff Campbell opened up the show with a nice short acoustic set. The Train part of the show started with just Pat jumping on stage to a recorded drum machine and instantly start into California 37. About 3/4 the way into the song, the rest of the band stepped on stage and as soon as California 37 was over started into "This will be my year".

Overall the band sounded great. They were loose and played lots of very old stuff we haven't heard in years. The way the band looked and sounded on Tuesday night reminded me of the way they used to be. It's late so I'll make this review short. One interesting note is they changed the arrangements of Calling All Angels and Get to Me a little bit and added some drum machine on both songs. As wierd as that sounds, I liked the new arrangements.

We also got to see Pat play the sax a couple of times. Both times he was backed up by a local trumpet player.

Hopefully they mix up the setlist over the next 5 nights. No cover songs tonight.  

Setlist

California 37

This will be my year

Get to me

If it's love

Mermaid

All I ever

Wanted/Something more

Calling All Angels

Save me San Francisco

50 Ways

Getaway

Bruises

I Am

Drive By

Soul sister

Encore (The band never left the stage)

Feels Good at First

Days

Drops of Jupiter

Meet Virginia     

Views: 432

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome thanks jeff =D

Sounds awesome.  I will be at the Great American Music Hall to see them tonight.  Anyone know if cameras are allowed?

Security was nothing at Cafe du Nord last night. No search at the front door. Lots of cameras and phones taking pictures and videos. They even let people with large SLR cameras in. The band does not have a problem with cameras. Pat was taking peoples cameras and taking pictures with them.  

The Great American Music Hall is run by different people. My Tickets to bimobs tomorrow say, "No Cameras or Recording". You should check with the venue. That being said, even if they don't allow cameras, there's little they can do to stop you bring one in. Just hide it and be careful taking pictures. With so many decent cameras in phones nowdays, most venues have turned their backs on camera policies.

Thanks Jeff.  I think I'll call GAMH and see what the policy is.  It's not printed anywhere.

Jeff said:

Security was nothing at Cafe du Nord last night. No search at the front door. Lots of cameras and phones taking pictures and videos. They even let people with large SLR cameras in. The band does not have a problem with cameras. Pat was taking peoples cameras and taking pictures with them.  

The Great American Music Hall is run by different people. My Tickets to bimobs tomorrow say, "No Cameras or Recording". You should check with the venue. That being said, even if they don't allow cameras, there's little they can do to stop you bring one in. Just hide it and be careful taking pictures. With so many decent cameras in phones nowdays, most venues have turned their backs on camera policies.

Oh,I'm so excited.My 6 yr old Grandson and I will be rockin' it at his very first concert Tonight @ GAMH!!We love Train and the fact it is a show where I can get excited and also bring him with Me makes me love Train all the more-He has already been playing their music and getting out his guitar-hey,Ya never know what will stick with kiddos.have fun,Everybody!!

Jeff, thanks for the great share and this post. Are you attending each SF venue this week?

I wish I could, but I live about an hour south of the city. I'm definitely going to the Bimbo's show tomorrow and the Independent show on Saturday. We're spending the night in the city and might go to the Sunday night Fillmore show. We'll see how we feel. I'll update the Forum with set lists. 

SJerseygirl said:

Jeff, thanks for the great share and this post. Are you attending each SF venue this week?

Awesome, Jeff.  Thanks for sharing!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Save Me, San Francisco

Visit us online

More Train

Featured Videos

MUSIC

PATCAST

SHOWS

Forum

Train - The Band

Started by Alice in Music 7 hours ago. 0 Replies

Hey, while I'm a great fan of Pat Monahan and I enjoy him, his energy, his talent and his solo CD - truly, love it. I also listen to the Pat Cast, which is fun, but what about the rest of the band?…Continue

Meet and Greet

Started by Amber in Tour. Last reply by Aaron Alva yesterday. 8 Replies

Ok so I know the tour is over, however, I want to be prepared for the next tour! I searched for months trying to find meet and greet passes. Can someone please share where you can get them?? Thanks!Continue

Pre-sale codes

Started by Chris in Tour. Last reply by Tim Apr 4. 2 Replies

According to info I just recieved pre-sale starts tomorrow, Wednesday the 26th, or for Red Rocks anyway. Anyone know if those codes are coming?Continue

Summerfest in Mikwaukee

Started by Melody Baranowski in Tour Apr 2. 0 Replies

My husband and I are getting ready for the Tortuga Festival next weekend. Can't wait to see you. Why don't you play in Milwaukee in late June/early July between New Buffalo and Boise? Would love to…Continue

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Train.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service