I saw Train last night at Sydney Opera House, and Patrick made a comment before playing a song he wrote about his mum and mentioned it was like part 2 of drops of jupiter.

So it made me think maybe drops of jupiter was written about his mum? 

I don't know. Did anyone else hear that reference...... or did I mistakenly hear it. 

I always loved my sarcastic interpretation of the song .....being a song about a break up..... some girl who thinks she's too good, takes a break from her man to discover herself - eat pray love style - and the heartbroken man is singing "tell me, did venus blow your mind...." sarcastically, cause he really doesn't give a shit to hear about her soul vacation and her dumping his arse. 

Ohhh how i love the angst in the heart break song ... "can you imagine no best soy latte...and me ....." yeah its a F*** YOU ...imagine no me. 

Views: 308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh I am an arsehole. 

Actually it is the man who interpreted this song for me in the sarcastic way that is an arsehole. 

I love this amazing song. I always loved it, and throughout the years I never listened to it in the cynical sarcastic way... I imagined myself being the one on a soul vacation, my signature was "tracing her way through the constellation ey ey ey ey ey" in emails ....

Then I heard of the sarcastic interpretation, and I guess I identified with that interpretation more post heartbreak, because when you get dumped because the other person has fallen out of love with you and has told you that it is you, I found this song refreshing to listen to. 

Its good to know what the song is really about. 

Thank you for directing me to that SJerseygirl.

You're welcome :-) Glad you see the brighter side of the song now :))

JJ, until 2 years ago, I never knew the meaning behind the song either, I just knew that I absolutely loved it!  After I heard that it was about Pat's mom it just made sense and I loved it even more (if that's even possible!).  So don't feel too bad, there many out there I'm sure that didn't know!  Pat even said in an interview with Martina Mcbride that the song had been turned into a love song...which it is, just a different kind of love! :)  Glad you like it too!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Save Me, San Francisco

Visit us online

More Train

Featured Videos

MUSIC

PATCAST

SHOWS

Forum

Song About The Cruise

Started by Bondo in Off-Topic on Friday. 0 Replies

So anyways...just put it in the mix.Continue

Dream On

Started by Chicka Boom in Music. Last reply by gaucho91 on Thursday. 1 Reply

Does there exist a version of Train's cover of Dream On on a CD - maybe as a bonus track? Or on a Japanese limited tour deluxe bonus edition Fan Club CD?Thank You!Continue

Tags: disc, compact

Train - The Band

Started by Alice in Music on Wednesday. 0 Replies

Hey, while I'm a great fan of Pat Monahan and I enjoy him, his energy, his talent and his solo CD - truly, love it. I also listen to the Pat Cast, which is fun, but what about the rest of the band?…Continue

Meet and Greet

Started by Amber in Tour. Last reply by Aaron Alva Apr 14. 8 Replies

Ok so I know the tour is over, however, I want to be prepared for the next tour! I searched for months trying to find meet and greet passes. Can someone please share where you can get them?? Thanks!Continue

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Train.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service