Where and when was your first Train concert?  Mine was August 2, 2011, in Charlotte, NC.  Come on, all you  longtime Train fans, tell us newcomers about your first concert!

Views: 1331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Manchester, UK, October 2010... It was my daughters first experience of a live gig and we managed to get right near the front in what is a standing only venue. To say that they were fantastic is an understatement... Absolutely amazing !!! Pat had so much energy on stage and when he sang 'When I look to the sky', it was incredible and made my daughter cry as my dad had died earlier on in the year and that was my song to him...
We can't wait to see them again, only a few months to go and I'm counting down the days !!!!

I love hearing everyone's story! feeling a little blue I can't make it to San Francisco for any of those first shows. :((

I have all the early demo tapes transferred to CD except one (which I lost). Sadly that one is one of the best. It had the song "Medecine" on it, which was awesome and I don't think was ever recorded anywhere else. Not sure how the band would feel about me sharing them. Pat, Jimmy, any thoughts on that?

Beatrice said:

what a memory!!! envy you :) btw are there any recording from that realy early Train? can any one advice? where could i get it? i am in serach for more of Train :)

David Gorbet said:

My first Train concert was way back in the mid 90s (I believe 1995) at a bar on Mission street. It was "All girls night" and there were supposed to be five girl bands playing that night. I went to see my friend Stephanie Mechura. Train was a last-minute substitution for the closing band of the night. There were maybe 10 people in the place when Train went on. I've been a fan ever since. I wonder if there's a longer-running fan than me. Anyone else on here know Train from the days before the first "Tahoe" demo tape? Back when they were singing "Dear Mr. Green" at shows?

Funny! I'm on the DVD of that (briefly) dancing at the front. Was an awesome show.

Teri Stewart said:

Beatrice, On Amazon.com  you can get a DVD of early Train  called "Midnight Moon". It was filmed in San Francisco at the end of the Drops of Jupiter tour and is an amazing concert of some of my favorite Train. I remember I got it in the mail just over a year ago and wasn't sure I would "like" it because I wasn't very familiar with the music. Until them I was a "My Private Nation" kind of girl but after watching "Midnight Moon" I became a fan of the older stuff and it is still my favorite. Give it if you've got it, get it if you don't. (I own two copies of it!)

Your sons are the best for getting those tickets for you and your husband!  Hope you have a fantastic time!

Teri Stewart said:

Oh how I wish I could be there also! I hope It is a wonderful show.

Silvana Rebon said:

My first concert???? It WILL BE on April 14, 2012, at Independent, San Francisco!!!!! I'm counting the days...so excited!!! Back in 2001, I was in my kitchen preparing dinner in Buenos Aires, Argentina, listening to the radio when Drops of Jupiter was played. I was hooked by Pat's voice and by the lyrics but I only understood part of it. It was clear that he was talking to somebody that was no longer with him but he was feeling the presence. My mother passed away in January 1998 and that's why I realized that sometimes you don't have to understand literally the words but you can "feel" the meaning. When I came to USA I didn't know anything about Train or their music but then Calling all Angels came along and I've started wondering who was the owner of such beautiful voice.(Of course, Hey Soul Sister was a hit not only here but all over the world and my country was not an exception so now they are well known there too) The rest is easy to guess... Thanks to web sites, You Tube,etc.etc. I am totally in love with these guys and their music. Now it's my showtime and I can't wait!! Last Friday my sons got tickets for me and my husband and I immediately wrote to my Trainline friends... "Wait for me SF!!!!

Thank you Catherine...I know they are the best!! They spent more than an hour to get the tickets and, as soon as they started trying... the answer was "SOLD OUT" They did not want to call me at work with the sad news and they insisted buying one ticket at a time and this was the way they got them! This will be my birthday gift from them. Can I ask for more????hahaha. Impossible...

they are great boys - lucky you SIlvana to have such precious boys with you :)

Silvana Rebon said:

Thank you Catherine...I know they are the best!! They spent more than an hour to get the tickets and, as soon as they started trying... the answer was "SOLD OUT" They did not want to call me at work with the sad news and they insisted buying one ticket at a time and this was the way they got them! This will be my birthday gift from them. Can I ask for more????hahaha. Impossible...

My first Train concert (and my first concert ever, actually) was August 21, 2011. Maroon 5 and Train at DTE Energy Music Theater (Pine Knob) in Clarkston, MI. Maroon 5 was better than expected (which is how I came to like them as a band), Train blew me away. Best night of my life. I will be seeing them this week at the same venue, it'll be my third time (second time was at Meadowbrook Music Festival last year). Best band ever. They always put on a great show :-)

"Free" got me around the millennium and I missed their show at the Vogue (major fail I know) but first concert was for DOJ Aug 8 2002 at Deer Creek with Sheryl Crow. It's getting close to15 years now...that's like 50 in Train years.

Roll on my friends.

Bondo

"...maybe this'll be my year." Train

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Save Me, San Francisco

Visit us online

More Train

Featured Videos

MUSIC

PATCAST

SHOWS

Forum

Song About The Cruise

Started by Bondo in Off-Topic on Friday. 0 Replies

So anyways...just put it in the mix.Continue

Dream On

Started by Chicka Boom in Music. Last reply by gaucho91 on Thursday. 1 Reply

Does there exist a version of Train's cover of Dream On on a CD - maybe as a bonus track? Or on a Japanese limited tour deluxe bonus edition Fan Club CD?Thank You!Continue

Tags: disc, compact

Train - The Band

Started by Alice in Music on Wednesday. 0 Replies

Hey, while I'm a great fan of Pat Monahan and I enjoy him, his energy, his talent and his solo CD - truly, love it. I also listen to the Pat Cast, which is fun, but what about the rest of the band?…Continue

Meet and Greet

Started by Amber in Tour. Last reply by Aaron Alva Apr 14. 8 Replies

Ok so I know the tour is over, however, I want to be prepared for the next tour! I searched for months trying to find meet and greet passes. Can someone please share where you can get them?? Thanks!Continue

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Train.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service