Where and when was your first Train concert?  Mine was August 2, 2011, in Charlotte, NC.  Come on, all you  longtime Train fans, tell us newcomers about your first concert!

Views: 1331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

my firsst train concert was dec 7, 2011 here at manila. it was actually their second time here.

as expected it was a blast. i got soooo lucky. had 2 meet and greets, and was able to get that marry me picture. it was total fun. pat was really engaging with the audience. calling up people on the stage. giving freebies, signed shirt, shirts, and a signed guitaaarr!!!

Catherine--- That is so awesome.  It had be so cool to be that same age with your daughter.  Train always makes me feel like I'm young.  I will see them as many times as I can, for sure.  I can't wait for the new CD to come out. 

Catherine said:

Thanks for sharing your story!  My daughter and I saw them last summer with Gavin DeGraw and Maroon 5.  My daughter said that was the one time in her life when we were the same age!

It was so much fun!  Although...I guess since I'm the mom, I have to be the grownup most of the time, right?  I can't wait for the new CD, either!

Cindy Hussey said:

Catherine--- That is so awesome.  It had be so cool to be that same age with your daughter.  Train always makes me feel like I'm young.  I will see them as many times as I can, for sure.  I can't wait for the new CD to come out. 

Catherine said:

Thanks for sharing your story!  My daughter and I saw them last summer with Gavin DeGraw and Maroon 5.  My daughter said that was the one time in her life when we were the same age!

My first concert was August 2011 in Indianapolis, Indiana.  To be honest so many things run through my mind when I think about this day.  I had purchased my tickets way in advance (VIP tickets); my husband & I were celebrating our 40th birthdays in August and this was my present!!! I was SOOO EXCITED and felt like I was walking on cloud nine the entire summer.  Then a few days before the concert the main state at the Indianapolis State Fair collapses minutes before Sugerland was to go on stage killing numerous concert goers.  I was watching the news that night when it came on.  First my heart went out to all those innocent people and those families; how could this happen?  I shed many tears for them; am even getting emotional as I type this.  My heart ached for them. As days went by I felt guilty for thinking to myself; please let TRAIN still perform. However, then my thoughts would go back to the Sugerland fans; that was all they had wanted... they'd just to see their favorite band perform.  As other bands cancelled, I told myself it's okay if TRAIN does too.  I understand. I would be sad but I understood.  When they announced that they would still be performing and that the proceeds would go to benefit the families of this tragedy; I beamed with pride.  Proud that this band I have come to love so much.. was now showing the world exactly why they are beloved by so many. 

The day of the concert, my husband and I were driving, my excitement had me fideting in my seat; I must of checked my makeup a million times (obviously Pat would seeing me soon and I had to look my best)!!  On makeup check #999,875 I seen what was obviously a sign!!  I had a single eyelash on my cheek.  I swept it up and look at my husband excitedly and wished out loud "PLEASE, I WISH TO MEET PAT MONAHAN!!!"  We both giggled and I blew it off my finger and went back to talking about the concert, life, our birthdays and the most magical night to come. 

Once we got to our seats I couldn't believe we were 2nd row, center stage.  I sat there taking in the view.  The concert had been moved to a much bigger venue because of the accident and thousands more people were attending.  The stadium was filled.  I said a prayer for the people who had lost their lives and their families; for the people who were still fighting for their lives and thanked god for this special moment and told him that I truly appreciated his gift to me.

Maroon 5 performed first AMAZING!! Then I heard the whistle blowing and I began to tingle from top of my head to the tip of my toes.  I was yelling at the top of lungs; this was it..the wait was finally over. When the curtain lifted and Pat started to sing, I looked at my husband and he looked at me. Tears were brimming in my eyes; plus, I had the biggest goofiest grin on my face. I never quite understood back in the day when fans would react to Elvis and The Beatles by crying; at least, I didn't until that moment.

The concert was out of this world.  The excitement in the room was electrifying; I definitely felt a presence that night. It was a healing presence. Our community was still reeling from the accident but we were this conert was helping us heal.

Then it happened... my WISH!!!! I was holding up a sign that said, "I'm celebrating my 40th with TRAIN" during the concert and Pat picked me to come up on the stage to be a TRAINETTE (which is where my profile pic came from). 

See WISHES DO COME TRUE!!!   TRAIN FAN FOREVER!!!!!!

Beth, thank you for your amazing story.  Your description made me feel like I was there with you at the concert.  What a great way to celebrate your birthdays!  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Beth Like said:

My first concert was August 2011 in Indianapolis, Indiana.  To be honest so many things run through my mind when I think about this day.  I had purchased my tickets way in advance (VIP tickets); my husband & I were celebrating our 40th birthdays in August and this was my present!!! I was SOOO EXCITED and felt like I was walking on cloud nine the entire summer.  Then a few days before the concert the main state at the Indianapolis State Fair collapses minutes before Sugerland was to go on stage killing numerous concert goers.  I was watching the news that night when it came on.  First my heart went out to all those innocent people and those families; how could this happen?  I shed many tears for them; am even getting emotional as I type this.  My heart ached for them. As days went by I felt guilty for thinking to myself; please let TRAIN still perform. However, then my thoughts would go back to the Sugerland fans; that was all they had wanted... they'd just to see their favorite band perform.  As other bands cancelled, I told myself it's okay if TRAIN does too.  I understand. I would be sad but I understood.  When they announced that they would still be performing and that the proceeds would go to benefit the families of this tragedy; I beamed with pride.  Proud that this band I have come to love so much.. was now showing the world exactly why they are beloved by so many. 

The day of the concert, my husband and I were driving, my excitement had me fideting in my seat; I must of checked my makeup a million times (obviously Pat would seeing me soon and I had to look my best)!!  On makeup check #999,875 I seen what was obviously a sign!!  I had a single eyelash on my cheek.  I swept it up and look at my husband excitedly and wished out loud "PLEASE, I WISH TO MEET PAT MONAHAN!!!"  We both giggled and I blew it off my finger and went back to talking about the concert, life, our birthdays and the most magical night to come. 

Once we got to our seats I couldn't believe we were 2nd row, center stage.  I sat there taking in the view.  The concert had been moved to a much bigger venue because of the accident and thousands more people were attending.  The stadium was filled.  I said a prayer for the people who had lost their lives and their families; for the people who were still fighting for their lives and thanked god for this special moment and told him that I truly appreciated his gift to me.

Maroon 5 performed first AMAZING!! Then I heard the whistle blowing and I began to tingle from top of my head to the tip of my toes.  I was yelling at the top of lungs; this was it..the wait was finally over. When the curtain lifted and Pat started to sing, I looked at my husband and he looked at me. Tears were brimming in my eyes; plus, I had the biggest goofiest grin on my face. I never quite understood back in the day when fans would react to Elvis and The Beatles by crying; at least, I didn't until that moment.

The concert was out of this world.  The excitement in the room was electrifying; I definitely felt a presence that night. It was a healing presence. Our community was still reeling from the accident but we were this conert was helping us heal.

Then it happened... my WISH!!!! I was holding up a sign that said, "I'm celebrating my 40th with TRAIN" during the concert and Pat picked me to come up on the stage to be a TRAINETTE (which is where my profile pic came from). 

See WISHES DO COME TRUE!!!   TRAIN FAN FOREVER!!!!!!

Sounds like you had a great time!

liz said:

my firsst train concert was dec 7, 2011 here at manila. it was actually their second time here.

as expected it was a blast. i got soooo lucky. had 2 meet and greets, and was able to get that marry me picture. it was total fun. pat was really engaging with the audience. calling up people on the stage. giving freebies, signed shirt, shirts, and a signed guitaaarr!!!

it was fun reading this stories - some amazing, many touching, all so very true and to remember

thanks for sharing

my first Train concert ... is still to come

hope this year... this tour meet Train on the route

Mine was April 22nd 1999 and I was 7 years old and it was in a MOSH PIT can you imagine? LOL How many Train fans can say they've been to a Train concert in a mosh pit?!

Yes I was in a mosh pit at 7! My poor mom she couldnt stop me, my favorite band was on and I wasn't going to listen to her. I LOVED Pat Monahan even then! Haha

Only one Train concert for me, so far!  Aug. 2011 in Indianapolis. It was such an amazing show that I bought tickets to see them in Erie, PA  just a couple of weeks later. My friend got sick and couldn't go so after trying to find someone to go with me literally at the last minute, I ended up driving to Erie by myself, 4 1/2 hour drive, but I didn't care about seeing it by myself, I just wanted to see the show so bad! I got to my hotel and found out that the show was canceled. :(  I wasn't able to make it to the rescheduled show in Erie in October but I heard it was amazing, of coarse. So....... I am really ready to see some shows on the upcoming tour! Hoping to see a few, and yes I will drive 4 1/2 hours to Erie. What are the odds that it would be canceled again?

OMG...that's terrible!!!!! Hopefully much better luck for you during their summer tour this year!!!!
Teri Stewart said:

Only one Train concert for me, so far!  Aug. 2011 in Indianapolis. It was such an amazing show that I bought tickets to see them in Erie, PA  just a couple of weeks later. My friend got sick and couldn't go so after trying to find someone to go with me literally at the last minute, I ended up driving to Erie by myself, 4 1/2 hour drive, but I didn't care about seeing it by myself, I just wanted to see the show so bad! I got to my hotel and found out that the show was canceled. :(  I wasn't able to make it to the rescheduled show in Erie in October but I heard it was amazing, of coarse. So....... I am really ready to see some shows on the upcoming tour! Hoping to see a few, and yes I will drive 4 1/2 hours to Erie. What are the odds that it would be canceled again?

My first TRAIN "LIVE" concert was July 18 2010.  I drove out to California earlier in May with a friend who stayed -- so I took the plane home. Bought a roundtrip ticket so I could fly back to see TRAIN at the Orange Co. Fair on 7/18/10. [I liked their music before -- a big fan of Drops of Jupiter (have the CD) but the first chance to make it to a concert was in 2010.]  2nd Concert was August 12, 2010 at The Wisconsin State Fair.  In April/May 2011 I went on the VH1 Best Cruise Ever with TRAIN where I met and talked to Jimmy and Pat, plus enjoyed 3 wonderful TRAIN concerts on board.  On Sept. 5, 2011 had backstage passes plus TRAIN concert at the Minnesota State Fair (with Maroon 5 and Matt Nathanson.)  I am eagerly waiting for my next opportunity to see TRAIN in concert again.

Call me next time Teri I will come with you!!! I was at Indy concert too..you're it was out of this world AMAZING!!!!! 

Teri Stewart said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Save Me, San Francisco

Visit us online

More Train

Featured Videos

MUSIC

PATCAST

SHOWS

Forum

Song About The Cruise

Started by Bondo in Off-Topic on Friday. 0 Replies

So anyways...just put it in the mix.Continue

Dream On

Started by Chicka Boom in Music. Last reply by gaucho91 Apr 17. 1 Reply

Does there exist a version of Train's cover of Dream On on a CD - maybe as a bonus track? Or on a Japanese limited tour deluxe bonus edition Fan Club CD?Thank You!Continue

Tags: disc, compact

Train - The Band

Started by Alice in Music Apr 15. 0 Replies

Hey, while I'm a great fan of Pat Monahan and I enjoy him, his energy, his talent and his solo CD - truly, love it. I also listen to the Pat Cast, which is fun, but what about the rest of the band?…Continue

Meet and Greet

Started by Amber in Tour. Last reply by Aaron Alva Apr 14. 8 Replies

Ok so I know the tour is over, however, I want to be prepared for the next tour! I searched for months trying to find meet and greet passes. Can someone please share where you can get them?? Thanks!Continue

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Train.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service