I mean if you have an interesting of story of how you found them. My way was probably not the usual way people find them. I found them when i was listening to my sister i pod. there was at least 250 song on it. and only one train song. it was drops of jupiter. when i was on song like 140 i would be singing an adele song and them i would just start singing doj. one day i told myself i had to find the man that wrote this song. i did. and now im here :) so if you have an interesting story of finding train id like to hear. i love to hear stories like that!

Views: 679

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had always liked Train, basically just all their hits.  I was at my cousin's and I was scrolling through her music.  She had all the songs and I automatically fell in love.  I went to the Train and Maroon 5 concert and bought all of their cds and singles.  They were automatically my favorite band.  Pat Monahan is my role model.  For my graduation present, my wonderful mother bought me concert/meet and greet tickets.  I was ecstatic.  I cannot wait until I get to meet them.  Everyone who has met them says they are the nicest people ever.  I am anxious. 

I heard about train when I was young when I heard the song drops from jupiter on the radio. 

Well, as at 14 June 2012 I may well be the newest Train fan.  On my way back from the beer fridge I casually walked past the telly while Pat and the boys were performing "Drive By" live on Australia's "Dancing With the Stars" last Sunday night (they're here touring right now).  It stopped me in my tracks like I was hit in the head with a brick - WHOA, I thought, these guys are something special!  Anyway, went out and bought California 37 the next day and it's been on permanent loop in my car, iPod, laptop etc ever since and am finding myself humming it at the oddest times.  Can there be many better songs than some of the tracks on that album (esp "Drive Bay" and "50 Ways")??  Boy, have I been missing out.  Needless to say I am exploring their back-catalogue on iTunes.  Serious cred, high kudos and maximum respect, dudes.

My big sister would sing train to me when I couldn't go to sleep. Drops of Jupiter was released when I was 2 1/2 years old, and my sister got it stuck in my head. I was too young to understand the lyrics or know who Train was, so I dismissed the thought. The song always stuck with me though, every now and then I would be humming the tune, and only know the piano intro. But, when I turned 10 I heard Hey Soul Sister on the radio and something clicked inside of me. I was literally jumping for joy, because I finally knew who wrote the song that I loved so much. The next few weeks I had the radio on nonstop, and when the song came on I would crank it up real loud. (I broke two stereo speakers that way). School got in the way of my enjoyment, and i forgot about Train for a year or two. 

On January 9th, when Drive by came out, I heard it on the radio for the first time. I must have heard it a dozen times before the station's DJ said, "The new single by Train..." My heart stopped and the word Train rang in my ears. I had recognized that voice! Train had found a new seat in my heart, and less than a week later i had purchased ALL of the Train albums. 

Nowadays I am totally obsessed with Train. My friends keep telling me that I am the biggest Train fan in existence, and I can hardly argue with that. Whenever I hear Train songs on the radio, I have to smile, because the music just brings a lot of joy to my heart. I am not one of those people who only knows their singles, I know all of their songs by heart, and could best anyone at knowing the lyrics. 

My teacher, Mr. Harms, also loves Train. His favorite song is hey soul sister, and when i turn it on, he always sings along, not caring that he can't really sing, or that he doesn't know half of the lyrics. But isn't that what it is all about? He has been like a second dad to me, and when I heard he was moving away, I cried my eyes out. The last thing he said to me was, "Have fun at the concert." every time i hear those words in my head, i cry a little, because it feels like I have lost a family member forever. I hope i can see him again.

That's my story. if anyone has read this far to see this, i am grateful. I hope everyone has the chance to appreciate train as much as I do. I will never forget Train like i have in the past, and i wish that the guys could read this and know how much they have really touched my heart like nothing else can and ever will. Thank you.

-Mary

I read your whole story and I loved it!! I can identify with you because I am totally obsessed with Train too. I have all their albums and I know all their songs by heart (not only the singles!). I even know the songs from Pat's solo album. I simply love Train!!! So I can perfectly understand you ;) 

Greetings,

Karla

Mary Liszewski said:

My big sister would sing train to me when I couldn't go to sleep. Drops of Jupiter was released when I was 2 1/2 years old, and my sister got it stuck in my head. I was too young to understand the lyrics or know who Train was, so I dismissed the thought. The song always stuck with me though, every now and then I would be humming the tune, and only know the piano intro. But, when I turned 10 I heard Hey Soul Sister on the radio and something clicked inside of me. I was literally jumping for joy, because I finally knew who wrote the song that I loved so much. The next few weeks I had the radio on nonstop, and when the song came on I would crank it up real loud. (I broke two stereo speakers that way). School got in the way of my enjoyment, and i forgot about Train for a year or two. 

On January 9th, when Drive by came out, I heard it on the radio for the first time. I must have heard it a dozen times before the station's DJ said, "The new single by Train..." My heart stopped and the word Train rang in my ears. I had recognized that voice! Train had found a new seat in my heart, and less than a week later i had purchased ALL of the Train albums. 

Nowadays I am totally obsessed with Train. My friends keep telling me that I am the biggest Train fan in existence, and I can hardly argue with that. Whenever I hear Train songs on the radio, I have to smile, because the music just brings a lot of joy to my heart. I am not one of those people who only knows their singles, I know all of their songs by heart, and could best anyone at knowing the lyrics. 

My teacher, Mr. Harms, also loves Train. His favorite song is hey soul sister, and when i turn it on, he always sings along, not caring that he can't really sing, or that he doesn't know half of the lyrics. But isn't that what it is all about? He has been like a second dad to me, and when I heard he was moving away, I cried my eyes out. The last thing he said to me was, "Have fun at the concert." every time i hear those words in my head, i cry a little, because it feels like I have lost a family member forever. I hope i can see him again.

That's my story. if anyone has read this far to see this, i am grateful. I hope everyone has the chance to appreciate train as much as I do. I will never forget Train like i have in the past, and i wish that the guys could read this and know how much they have really touched my heart like nothing else can and ever will. Thank you.

-Mary

When I was younger, I used to listen to Train where ever I went, Drops of Jupiter, of course. I was like 3 or 4 and that was the only song I listened to. I could recite it, I even made up a little dance to it. When they took their 3 year break, mom slowly stopped listening to them, which meant I slowly stopped listening to them and eventually I just stopped. Being so young, I thought nothing of it, I was too pre-occupied with kid things like playing house or annoying the dog. Then years later when I was 14\15ish, I was listening to the radio and Save Me Sanfransisco came on, I thought it was a neat song. Then it started playing more. Then I heard Drops of Jupiter again and fell in love (again!). My mom said, for my 15th birthday, I had a choice between a shopping trip in Vancouver or going to see Train live in Abbotsford. I of course chose Train. We had floor seats, it was so amazing. I had no idea how much I truly loved them.

So anyway, here I am today, 2 months away from my 16th birthday. I have VIP tickets to Train in Vancouver, and I am going to meet the people I idolized when I was a child!

I was an innocent 10 year old and hopelessly in love with a boy just down my street. We were hanging out one afternoon chatting, and he decided to share his favourite song with me. He took out this ridiculous blue MP3 player and on came Drops of Jupiter.. and I instantly fell in love with Pat's voice. I even remember making a music video to it for a grade 7 class project. I discovered Meet Virginia and Calling All Angels soon after, but I didn't hear any new material for a while so I put Train on the back burner. And of course, just a few years ago, I saw a commercial on TV - for a washing machine of all things! - that was playing Hey Soul Sister in the background and thought it sounded familiar. I ran to my computer, realized that it was indeed Train playing the insanely catchy song that I saw everyone quoting online, fell back in love with the band, and quickly downloaded every single one of their albums that had been released so far. I saw them in Toronto last summer, and now I'll be seeing them twice this summer in Raleigh and Cleveland. I appreciate and love Train more and more every day... and I am just so happy to have the opportunity to see them again.

well i was on holliday in the states from the uk, and i heard their song, Drive By, i loved it and listned to it all the time! when i got home, after about a week cos the song hadnt come out yet in the uk, and went mad!!! i bought all there albums and now i truly am the worlds biggest train fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband taped a concert one night from Palladia and we watched it. I instantly fell in love. We listen to it every Saturday night while we cook dinner together. The music brought us closer together. We even went to our first Train concert last year, front row!!! It was awesome!!!! I love watching Pat sing. He puts his heart and soul into every word!!! We bought tickets {front row of corse} to an upcoming concert can't wait for it. I am a total Trainiac!!!!!!

I'm in the UK and hadn't really taken a lot of notice of Train (I know, shame on me) until I heard them being interviewed on BBC Radio 2 while I was driving home from work one afternoon.
As soon as I got in I did a bit of searching on YouTube and TOTALLY loved what I heard.... next stop was a massive download session on Amazon...!!!
Now I've got all your albums on my mp3 player and I've listened to nothing else since...!!!
Can't believe I discovered Train when it was too late to book tickets for the gigs here in England.... Pleeeeeeeeease get yourselves back over here soon!!!! NEXT TIME I'M DEFINITELY THERE!!!
Thanks for the great music guys... Just Traintastic! x 

I've always been a fan of Train but never got a chance to see them in concert until last April when they did their mini-tour in San Francisco, and I got a ticket to see them at the Fillmore. I showed up early and was able to be in the 2nd row and the concert blew me away. I had no idea how much they interact with their fans and it was incredible. I was amazed when Pat took pictures with the fans in the front row during "If It's Love" i've never seen any other band do that. It was a real treat to be able to hear all the new songs. When Pat was introducing "You Can Finally Meet My Mom" and he started to tear up, I just couldn't help but start to cry.... one of the most beautiful songs i've ever heard in my life. Needless to say, I went from being a casual Train fan to a really big one after that show. I bought tickets to three of the shows for this upcoming tour, one of which is a meet and greet and a ticket in the front row.  I can hardly wait until September!

Okay, so I play drum kit and my old drum teacher wanted me to learn drops of jupiter about the same time Hey Soul Sister came out. I loved the song but didnt think much of it until my friends all started talking about train and hey soul sister. I then learned to play that song from my other drum teacher. Then Drive By came out and I love love love it! I love train songs! I am soooooooooooo excited for them to come close to my home town on their tour!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Save Me, San Francisco

Visit us online

More Train

Featured Videos

MUSIC

PATCAST

SHOWS

Forum

Dream On

Started by Chicka Boom in Music. Last reply by gaucho91 5 hours ago. 1 Reply

Does there exist a version of Train's cover of Dream On on a CD - maybe as a bonus track? Or on a Japanese limited tour deluxe bonus edition Fan Club CD?Thank You!Continue

Tags: disc, compact

Train - The Band

Started by Alice in Music yesterday. 0 Replies

Hey, while I'm a great fan of Pat Monahan and I enjoy him, his energy, his talent and his solo CD - truly, love it. I also listen to the Pat Cast, which is fun, but what about the rest of the band?…Continue

Meet and Greet

Started by Amber in Tour. Last reply by Aaron Alva on Monday. 8 Replies

Ok so I know the tour is over, however, I want to be prepared for the next tour! I searched for months trying to find meet and greet passes. Can someone please share where you can get them?? Thanks!Continue

Pre-sale codes

Started by Chris in Tour. Last reply by Tim Apr 4. 2 Replies

According to info I just recieved pre-sale starts tomorrow, Wednesday the 26th, or for Red Rocks anyway. Anyone know if those codes are coming?Continue

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Train.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service