I have been a train fan long before it was cool to be a train fan.  Love 'em.  HOWEVER, as of their show in September 2011 at the White River Amphitheater, I can honestly say that I don't know if I'll fork out the dough to go to another one.  I'm sick of more and more and MORE goofball chicks being called up on stage to waste valuable singing time!  And, no, I'm not jealous that I've never been one of those goofball chicks.  Just sing, Pat.  Just sing.  If I want a corny show, I'll go to Vegas.  Stop wasting everybody's time with your outfit changes and time-wasting antics with the ladies and JUST SING!!!

Views: 2736

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WOW! Strong words, strong message, but this is simply your choice not to fork out the money and not attend another Train concert.  As it is Pat's choice to invite his fans (young or old) onto the stage and have them be a part of the concert experience rather than just viewing the experience from their seat. One of the many reasons I love this group is because they are reachable, personable and remain humble. Many people who reach the level of fame as they have, become unreachable - their egos get too big for the briches and the connection they originated with their fans gets lost. I have followed Train for over 10 years and if anything they are reaching out to their fans even more (especially w/ this new website). They haven't lost connection with their fans because Train has their fans become a part of the experience rather than just viewing it.
Don't know how I can improve upon SJerseygirl's excellent posting, but I would like to point out that the Beatles cited two major reasons for quitting touring early in their careers: 1). The technology of live performance wasn't equal to what they were doing in the studio, which really isn't germaine to this discussion and 2) They felt that they had lost contact with the fans they were playing for. As time has gone by, bands and fans  have bought into the unapproachable status of the rock star, and here comes Train, taking risks to challenge that dynamic and make all fans local and the band accessible. Of course I've just seen my first Train concert and the wife and I are still babbling about it to anyone who'll listen, but I dearly hope they continue this wonderful concept of the fan as friend and participant.    

1.  Trainettes=Tradition and I like it...brings a personal touch to the show 

2. Shirt changes: It's hot on stage and with all the energy put out for Pat to do a show works up a sweat...it's a workout making switching out a shirt a necessity more than anything else and why not have fun with what you wear while you're at it.

3. Hmmmmmm not going to fork out the money for another show?  EXCELLENT!! More room for those that want to go...thanks so much for that favor ;)  

Trinalarie, YOU absolutely Rock, girl! Go Train! I CAN NOT WAIT 'TILL THIS NEXT ALBUM AND TOUR!
I don't think bringing Trainettes on stage is corny.  It is wonderfully interactive.  (And, no, I wasn't one of the Trainettes.)  A mom and her daughter were in front of me at the Charlotte show, and it made their night that the daughter got to go on stage.
Mark - Your post made me smile - my hubby and I also babble about our Train experiences to anyone who will listen... but, isn't that what the ultimate Train fan does? :) also, thank you for the Beatles info. It  brings what our guys do into even more of a proper perspective for us fans!

Mark Vestich said:
Don't know how I can improve upon SJerseygirl's excellent posting, but I would like to point out that the Beatles cited two major reasons for quitting touring early in their careers: 1). The technology of live performance wasn't equal to what they were doing in the studio, which really isn't germaine to this discussion and 2) They felt that they had lost contact with the fans they were playing for. As time has gone by, bands and fans  have bought into the unapproachable status of the rock star, and here comes Train, taking risks to challenge that dynamic and make all fans local and the band accessible. Of course I've just seen my first Train concert and the wife and I are still babbling about it to anyone who'll listen, but I dearly hope they continue this wonderful concept of the fan as friend and participant.    
christena- 1. Amen. 2. Amen. Amen. 3. Amen. Amen. Amen!

Christena Anderson said:

1.  Trainettes=Tradition and I like it...brings a personal touch to the show 

2. Shirt changes: It's hot on stage and with all the energy put out for Pat to do a show works up a sweat...it's a workout making switching out a shirt a necessity more than anything else and why not have fun with what you wear while you're at it.

3. Hmmmmmm not going to fork out the money for another show?  EXCELLENT!! More room for those that want to go...thanks so much for that favor ;)  

Thanks Mark. :-) I didn't know information on Beatles, but you make an excellent point.

Mark Vestich said:
I agree Catherine.

Catherine said:
I don't think bringing Trainettes on stage is corny.  It is wonderfully interactive.  (And, no, I wasn't one of the Trainettes.)  A mom and her daughter were in front of me at the Charlotte show, and it made their night that the daughter got to go on stage.
Look I was actually one of the girls he called up on stage and it was the coolest thing that's ever happened to me. If I just wanted to hear Train sing, I would just listen to my ipod. I came for a show and that's what they give us, the clothing changes, the trainetts, even when pat goes out and braves the crazy crowd to sing marry me. I feel like they look at is as their job to reach every single person in that audience and they do. That's what it's all about. Maybe I'm biased but I've seen a lot of people in concert and no one else has walked through the crowd to sing a song or call a bunch of fans up on stage. I think it's really cool for them to want to give that experience to fans,

Thank You!   :-)

Bonnie Holt said:

Mark - Your post made me smile - my hubby and I also babble about our Train experiences to anyone who will listen... but, isn't that what the ultimate Train fan does? :) also, thank you for the Beatles info. It  brings what our guys do into even more of a proper perspective for us fans!

Mark Vestich said:
Has anyone noticed that our teetering person who started this all has disappeared? Just an observation, but if it's too hot in the kitchen, get OUT! Go Train! woo-hoo!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Save Me, San Francisco

Visit us online

More Train

Featured Videos

MUSIC

PATCAST

SHOWS

Forum

Song About The Cruise

Started by Bondo in Off-Topic on Friday. 0 Replies

So anyways...just put it in the mix.Continue

Dream On

Started by Chicka Boom in Music. Last reply by gaucho91 Apr 17. 1 Reply

Does there exist a version of Train's cover of Dream On on a CD - maybe as a bonus track? Or on a Japanese limited tour deluxe bonus edition Fan Club CD?Thank You!Continue

Tags: disc, compact

Train - The Band

Started by Alice in Music Apr 15. 0 Replies

Hey, while I'm a great fan of Pat Monahan and I enjoy him, his energy, his talent and his solo CD - truly, love it. I also listen to the Pat Cast, which is fun, but what about the rest of the band?…Continue

Meet and Greet

Started by Amber in Tour. Last reply by Aaron Alva Apr 14. 8 Replies

Ok so I know the tour is over, however, I want to be prepared for the next tour! I searched for months trying to find meet and greet passes. Can someone please share where you can get them?? Thanks!Continue

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Train.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service