I have been a train fan long before it was cool to be a train fan.  Love 'em.  HOWEVER, as of their show in September 2011 at the White River Amphitheater, I can honestly say that I don't know if I'll fork out the dough to go to another one.  I'm sick of more and more and MORE goofball chicks being called up on stage to waste valuable singing time!  And, no, I'm not jealous that I've never been one of those goofball chicks.  Just sing, Pat.  Just sing.  If I want a corny show, I'll go to Vegas.  Stop wasting everybody's time with your outfit changes and time-wasting antics with the ladies and JUST SING!!!

Views: 2736

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well said Teresa!

Teresa Morales said:

Here's my take. On August 13th I saw my 15th show of this tour. The band has changed the show from really nuts & bolts Train to more of a stage show with the lights, graphics , costume changes etc. But lets remember that this tour did not start out as a chart-topping band's tour. Luckily for them (and for those who had never been blessed enough to know their music) they hit it out of the park. Their shows had to grow to become more theatrical. And I think Pat handled it so well. Still able to keep a sense of himself through all the BS. For some of those girls that go onstage, it is the BEST night of their lives! And he pulls so many on stage because he wants as many people as possible to have those kinds of life-changing moments. To bring that joy, even if just for a few minutes. Do you know any other Grammy-award winning bands that try to connect with so many fans? Or that walk through thousands of people with nothing but a few roadies and their tour manager to keep them safe? Now, after the 15th time of seeing the Trainettes would I rather have had him just SING? Sure. But he's not there to bring joy to JUST ME. And I actually really enjoy the comments he throws at the girls. (Some of it is the same but most of it is off the cuff). If you want to see just a show with music, Maroon 5 provided that. If you want to see a show where the lead singer really connects with his audience, there is NO ONE like Train. Sign me up for the next 15 shows...Trainettes and all.

 



Lisa Nutter said:
Well said Teresa!

Teresa Morales said:

Here's my take. On August 13th I saw my 15th show of this tour. The band has changed the show from really nuts & bolts Train to more of a stage show with the lights, graphics , costume changes etc. But lets remember that this tour did not start out as a chart-topping band's tour. Luckily for them (and for those who had never been blessed enough to know their music) they hit it out of the park. Their shows had to grow to become more theatrical. And I think Pat handled it so well. Still able to keep a sense of himself through all the BS. For some of those girls that go onstage, it is the BEST night of their lives! And he pulls so many on stage because he wants as many people as possible to have those kinds of life-changing moments. To bring that joy, even if just for a few minutes. Do you know any other Grammy-award winning bands that try to connect with so many fans? Or that walk through thousands of people with nothing but a few roadies and their tour manager to keep them safe? Now, after the 15th time of seeing the Trainettes would I rather have had him just SING? Sure. But he's not there to bring joy to JUST ME. And I actually really enjoy the comments he throws at the girls. (Some of it is the same but most of it is off the cuff). If you want to see just a show with music, Maroon 5 provided that. If you want to see a show where the lead singer really connects with his audience, there is NO ONE like Train. Sign me up for the next 15 shows...Trainettes and all.

 

It really sucks that you look at it that way. Train is about reaching out to all...and that means even the little ones.  I could have only dreamed that the Osmond Bros. would have invited me up on stage at 9 yrs old. It's the fans young and "mature" that share in the core of their success. Attached is a pic I took at my last Train show. The beatiful energy dancing on the speaker is very ill and was given the opportunity of a life time for a little lady. The faces on those who surround her are priceless as well.  Her "beautiful energy" was humbling to my heart and I will always draw from that moment whenever I face crisis. More valuable than the price of any concert ticket. There is no place in this world for selfishness and negativity...there's enough of that going around every day. I have learned to embrace anyone or any situation symbolizing postive feelings. But you are welcome to that opinion, but I don't think this you're find anyone feeling the same way here. Smiles to you, anyway.    

Troll.....go back to your bridge.

Justin Time said:

Do you think these young girls are really their fans, or only fans because their mothers are?

I think the latter.

 

Not good to instill upon our young girls, to stalk and be obsessed with "rock stars" like you guys are.   Trainiac = maniac = RIDICULOUS

Actually, they DO care. Very much. How do I know? I have had the pleasure of spending a fair amount of time with them No, not VIP pkgs where they get paid to meet you. But honest-to-goodness "what's going on in your life and how are the kids?" time. So I can authoritatively say that they care greatly about their fans. In fact, Pat prefers the word "friends" to fans.

And don't kid yourself. You are NOT a fan if it irritates you that people find joy in their music. I also have 2 children. Train's music is the most family friendly music out there. I wouldn't be embarrassed to take either of them to a show. And just so you are educated...."Back of the bus" to Train means the place where they hang out with their children (who travel with them quite a bit), blog to those who couldn't attend, or talk to their loved ones that they don't get to see because they are on the road.

Please stop talking about something you have no clue about. Or maybe stop spending time reading all of our "middle aged" madness and instead take your daughter out for lunch. 

Justin Time said:

Troll, really? Is that all you people do is live, eat, and breathe Train? Do you think they really give a crap (seriously)? 

 

I like train's music and am a fan, which I why I checked out this site, but it seems all of you are middle aged women with no life except to stalk their every move.  I would DIE if my daughter followed a band like you do.  What are you going to do next, teach them what it means to be on the back of the tour bus? 

 

Seriously, are these kids their fans? Don't they prefer Bieber and artists of the like?

Thanks Teresa, I'm glad someone filled this guy in on what the real truth is. 

Your ignorance about the reality of things shines like no other...

Justin Time said:

Troll, really? Is that all you people do is live, eat, and breathe Train? Do you think they really give a crap (seriously)? 

 

I like train's music and am a fan, which I why I checked out this site, but it seems all of you are middle aged women with no life except to stalk their every move.  I would DIE if my daughter followed a band like you do.  What are you going to do next, teach them what it means to be on the back of the tour bus? 

 

Seriously, are these kids their fans? Don't they prefer Bieber and artists of the like?

Well said girls. I have liked this band since I was 10 years old and I am 21 now. Maybe some kids just have a better sense of judgement on what good music really is. By the sounds of it you have never experienced a Train concert or the guys first hand. If you had you would know they are the most genuine guys in the biz. And like T said some of the time they are with their families on the road. Pat and Scott don't drink. Pat is happily married with 4 kids and wouldn't do anything that would screw that up. So your not a friend of Train's if your going to come on here and badmouth their friends and who the guys are WHEN YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Thank you Teresa! I'm so glad you wrote this reply. :) Your words speak in unison to our own.

Teresa Morales said:

Actually, they DO care. Very much. How do I know? I have had the pleasure of spending a fair amount of time with them No, not VIP pkgs where they get paid to meet you. But honest-to-goodness "what's going on in your life and how are the kids?" time. So I can authoritatively say that they care greatly about their fans. In fact, Pat prefers the word "friends" to fans.

And don't kid yourself. You are NOT a fan if it irritates you that people find joy in their music. I also have 2 children. Train's music is the most family friendly music out there. I wouldn't be embarrassed to take either of them to a show. And just so you are educated...."Back of the bus" to Train means the place where they hang out with their children (who travel with them quite a bit), blog to those who couldn't attend, or talk to their loved ones that they don't get to see because they are on the road.

Please stop talking about something you have no clue about. Or maybe stop spending time reading all of our "middle aged" madness and instead take your daughter out for lunch. 

Justin Time said:

Troll, really? Is that all you people do is live, eat, and breathe Train? Do you think they really give a crap (seriously)? 

 

I like train's music and am a fan, which I why I checked out this site, but it seems all of you are middle aged women with no life except to stalk their every move.  I would DIE if my daughter followed a band like you do.  What are you going to do next, teach them what it means to be on the back of the tour bus? 

 

Seriously, are these kids their fans? Don't they prefer Bieber and artists of the like?

Middle aged woman? Although I think that women of all ages are absolutely wonderful, I'm an old married guy who happens to really like Train and enjoy the comraderie and passion for the music that my fellow fans share. I take issue with the picture that you paint of Train fans as silly matrons throwing themselves and their daughters at sex crazed pop idols, it's insulting and simply untrue. At the concert I attended, there were fans of all ages and both genders enjoying themselves and the terrific show being put on. I sensed honest mutual respect and love between performers and audience, something my wife and I were amazed with after years of concertgoing. I simply don't understand how you would think that being a Train fan could be harmful for a young person.  The track record for teen idols as role models isn't really great btw, I really can't foresee anyone from Train exiting a limo exhibiting private parts in the near future. It sounds like you may believe that excitement and passion about anything is harmful, and because of that, you expressed an  opinion, albietly unpopular and in my opinion rudely expressed, you have that right.  Or, you may be just trying to stir up crap, and for that, you may just be an unhappy jerk, emphasis on MAY. I certainly hope the best for you, maybe another band with a more subdued fan base is the answer.   

:-) nicely stated Mark!

 


:-) nicely stated Mark!
Mark Vestich said:

Middle aged woman? Although I think that women of all ages are absolutely wonderful, I'm an old married guy who happens to really like Train and enjoy the comraderie and passion for the music that my fellow fans share. I take issue with the picture that you paint of Train fans as silly matrons throwing themselves and their daughters at sex crazed pop idols, it's insulting and simply untrue. At the concert I attended, there were fans of all ages and both genders enjoying themselves and the terrific show being put on. I sensed honest mutual respect and love between performers and audience, something my wife and I were amazed with after years of concertgoing. I simply don't understand how you would think that being a Train fan could be harmful for a young person.  The track record for teen idols as role models isn't really great btw, I really can't foresee anyone from Train exiting a limo exhibiting private parts in the near future. It sounds like you may believe that excitement and passion about anything is harmful, and because of that, you expressed an  opinion, albietly unpopular and in my opinion rudely expressed, you have that right.  Or, you may be just trying to stir up crap, and for that, you may just be an unhappy jerk, emphasis on MAY. I certainly hope the best for you, maybe another band with a more subdued fan base is the answer.   

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Save Me, San Francisco

Visit us online




More Train

Featured Videos

MUSIC

PATCAST

SHOWS


Forum

Song About The Cruise

Started by Bondo in Off-Topic on Friday. 0 Replies

So anyways...just put it in the mix.Continue

Dream On

Started by Chicka Boom in Music. Last reply by gaucho91 Apr 17. 1 Reply

Does there exist a version of Train's cover of Dream On on a CD - maybe as a bonus track? Or on a Japanese limited tour deluxe bonus edition Fan Club CD?Thank You!Continue

Tags: disc, compact

Train - The Band

Started by Alice in Music Apr 15. 0 Replies

Hey, while I'm a great fan of Pat Monahan and I enjoy him, his energy, his talent and his solo CD - truly, love it. I also listen to the Pat Cast, which is fun, but what about the rest of the band?…Continue

Meet and Greet

Started by Amber in Tour. Last reply by Aaron Alva Apr 14. 8 Replies

Ok so I know the tour is over, however, I want to be prepared for the next tour! I searched for months trying to find meet and greet passes. Can someone please share where you can get them?? Thanks!Continue

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos
  • View All

© 2014   Created by Train.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service