I found out why they haven't listed anymore winners. They are no longer doing weddings. I was notified last week my husband and I were chosen to renew our vows in Indy. We were notified yesterday they're pulling it because it's messing with the runtime of the show. Several extra tickets and a new dress later..... I sincerely hope that means the trainettes and bruises duet is toast too. Devastated :'(

Views: 1173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OMG!!! I'm so sorry.  I just sent an email this morning asking them about my video submission for the Cincy concert.  It was to renew our wedding vows to. I was wondering why they weren't posting anymore announcements.   August 8th the day of the concert is our 25th anniversary and I have a Meet & Greet ticket to the Cincy concert (as a gift for my anniversary from my husband)  I'm so sad he won't be attending for sure now. 

But enough about me, I didn't even know if I won yet and you did.  I feel horrible for you.  I was at the St. Louis one and it didn't take to long at all.  I will be at the Indianapolis one too.  I didn't submit my video for either of those dates because the Cincinnati date had more meaning to me. 

Sending you soooo much Train LOVE, Beth Like from Indiana

Well...we were contacted by their management and they're going to let us renew our vows backstage with all of our family and friends that bought tickets to the show! We're excited that we still get to have this special memory!
That is a super bummer. At least they are gonna try to make up for it. Would have been awesome to have it done in front of the whole crowd though.
I'm trying to see if they can help me with a quick proposal at their show 9/29 in L.A.

I've tried sending tweets to them and still waiting to hear back. No luck yet.
Any chance you have a contact number or email to their management?

Anyway, so to hear about the pulling of the vow renewal.
Take care.

OUCH!!! Happy Anniversary None the Less...My Best Wishes to you and your Husband Always

We are sooooo incredibly disappointed about this!!!!!  We can't figure out how it's messing with the show's runtime.  I watched the video of the 1st wedding and it was under 3 minutes.  I've read the comments of people who were so excited about this new event and just can't figure out why it's come to a screeching halt.  There was a few negative comments posted, so I'm hoping that the band didn't listen to one Debbie Downer and decided to nix the entire idea.  I'm totally bummed :(

Oh my gosh !! I'm so happy for you Sherry :-)  That's amazing!!!! Whooty Whoot.  lol..can I be jealous too?  I will be sending you wonderful thoughts and well wishes from the audience in Indianapolis.

Much Train Love, Beth Like

Sherry said:

Well...we were contacted by their management and they're going to let us renew our vows backstage with all of our family and friends that bought tickets to the show! We're excited that we still get to have this special memory!

i am also going to the Cincinnati concert i have meet and greet tickets too see you there!!

Sherry,

This must have been terribly disappointing, but putting a wedding in the middle of a band's concert is a great concept but a nightmare to really pull off.  My brother was a crew member for the Eagles for years and I know a little about how these shows go as I was backstage many times.  These guys are doing almost, a show, a night for two months straight!!  They must have tryed it a few times and become overwhelmed.  The bruises duet and the trainettes do not take more that a couple of minutes during the show to make happen and are great ways for the band to connect with fans. I dont think you sincerly wish those be toast.  I hope your other guests enjoyed a great concert from a hard working, talented band that gives back to its fans in everyway they can think of.  Bands like Train (which are very, very few) have to be careful to keep a balance in their show.  Just saw the show in Cincinnati last night and they have never been better.  They were gracious and made every attempt to give the fans exactly what we asked for.  Which is to see the band perform the songs we want to hear. At the end of the day you buy a ticket to see your band play the songs you love, LIVE!    I think Train did away with the weddings to stay focused on what the fans want.  You can't fault them for that. 

Kathy Schweitzer

Wow, what a thoughtful post, Kathy!

I agree 100% about Train being a rarity and how much they give to the fans. I also agree about the trainettes and bruises duet - those segments make the shows more personal in a way that the wider audiences can relate to. I think weddings, on the other hand, being so personal on a very different level, would really only matter to the couple and close friends and relatives.

I do feel badly though, for those who were looking forward to their moment and I hope they can all still be in a happy mood and enjoy the concert.

By the way, great to learn about your brother - I am an Eagles fan and have immense respect for the band and their music.

Kathy Schweitzer said:

Sherry,

This must have been terribly disappointing, but putting a wedding in the middle of a band's concert is a great concept but a nightmare to really pull off.  My brother was a crew member for the Eagles for years and I know a little about how these shows go as I was backstage many times.  These guys are doing almost, a show, a night for two months straight!!  They must have tryed it a few times and become overwhelmed.  The bruises duet and the trainettes do not take more that a couple of minutes during the show to make happen and are great ways for the band to connect with fans. I dont think you sincerly wish those be toast.  I hope your other guests enjoyed a great concert from a hard working, talented band that gives back to its fans in everyway they can think of.  Bands like Train (which are very, very few) have to be careful to keep a balance in their show.  Just saw the show in Cincinnati last night and they have never been better.  They were gracious and made every attempt to give the fans exactly what we asked for.  Which is to see the band perform the songs we want to hear. At the end of the day you buy a ticket to see your band play the songs you love, LIVE!    I think Train did away with the weddings to stay focused on what the fans want.  You can't fault them for that. 

Kathy Schweitzer

Kathy -

I know exactly what you mean.  I don't fault the band at all.  We got the news that we had been chosen and I was beyond excited.....I was ecstatic.  I told the whole world!!  We immediately started preparing by ordering a dress and extra tickets for family members.  Then when they said "sorry, we can't do it now", I was devastated......completely devastated.  Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE Train.  They mean so much more to me than just good music.  Between Pat's lyrics and blogs I feel a real sense of connection with them.  I care about them as people.  They are a part of my life. 

Anyway, I thought I should update how everything went.  Did you see my post about them doing the renewal backstage?

Their tour manager Thomas stayed in contact with me and was absolutely wonderful to work with.  He took us back to meet the guys and discuss everything.  The guys were AWESOME!  They are definately some of the nicest people I have ever met....just like I knew they would be!  They were genuinely happy to be doing this for us!  They gave passes to all of my family and friends to come back after the show and witness our vow renewal.  It was surreal!  To have Scott there and Pat and Jimmy standing with my family and friends.  I can't find the words to describe it!  I can't tell you how many times I have watched the video and looked through all the pictures!  It meant so much to us for them to allow us to still go through with everything.  One thing that probably meant the most was how they interacted with my kids.  My son is 8 and my daughter is 4.  It was amazing to see the look in their little eyes when they got to meet Train!  They even signed my daughter's Hello Kitty book!  It was priceless!  This was their first concert and they had the time of their lives!  They want to know when we get to go  see them and hang out with them again!  My daughter drew pictures for all of them and doesn't understand why we just can't go to their house so she can deliver them! ;)

In the end I think it all worked out better than originally planned.  My whole family now has this awesome memory that we will always treasure!!  (And now I am going through some serious Train withdrawal!!)

Kathy Schweitzer said:

Sherry,

Kathy Schweitzer

Well, here we are in Kansas City getting ready for the TRAIN concert at The Starlight Theater.  We have almost the exact same seats we did one year ago when TRAIN was here. We were hoping to have the opportunity to get married by Scott Underwood, but we also understand.  

For anyone who wants to see the video we submitted, go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Shn21XzzfQ&feature=my_liked_vid...

Check back here tonight or tomorrow to see some awesome pictures from tonight's concert!!

Scott and Susan (SNS5964)

Sherry,

Thank you so much for sharing the rest of that story.  I teared up just reading it. What an amazing experience.  I am familiar with Train withdrawal....suffering from it myself now after the Cincy show.  Thinking of heading to the Dayton show in a month.  Would love to see some of your photos if you would like to share send some to my email.  live2brestored.com

Kathy

Sherry said:

Kathy -

I know exactly what you mean.  I don't fault the band at all.  We got the news that we had been chosen and I was beyond excited.....I was ecstatic.  I told the whole world!!  We immediately started preparing by ordering a dress and extra tickets for family members.  Then when they said "sorry, we can't do it now", I was devastated......completely devastated.  Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE Train.  They mean so much more to me than just good music.  Between Pat's lyrics and blogs I feel a real sense of connection with them.  I care about them as people.  They are a part of my life. 

Anyway, I thought I should update how everything went.  Did you see my post about them doing the renewal backstage?

Their tour manager Thomas stayed in contact with me and was absolutely wonderful to work with.  He took us back to meet the guys and discuss everything.  The guys were AWESOME!  They are definately some of the nicest people I have ever met....just like I knew they would be!  They were genuinely happy to be doing this for us!  They gave passes to all of my family and friends to come back after the show and witness our vow renewal.  It was surreal!  To have Scott there and Pat and Jimmy standing with my family and friends.  I can't find the words to describe it!  I can't tell you how many times I have watched the video and looked through all the pictures!  It meant so much to us for them to allow us to still go through with everything.  One thing that probably meant the most was how they interacted with my kids.  My son is 8 and my daughter is 4.  It was amazing to see the look in their little eyes when they got to meet Train!  They even signed my daughter's Hello Kitty book!  It was priceless!  This was their first concert and they had the time of their lives!  They want to know when we get to go  see them and hang out with them again!  My daughter drew pictures for all of them and doesn't understand why we just can't go to their house so she can deliver them! ;)

In the end I think it all worked out better than originally planned.  My whole family now has this awesome memory that we will always treasure!!  (And now I am going through some serious Train withdrawal!!)

Kathy Schweitzer said:

Sherry,

Kathy Schweitzer

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Save Me, San Francisco

Visit us online

More Train

Featured Videos

MUSIC

PATCAST

SHOWS

Forum

Song About The Cruise

Started by Bondo in Off-Topic on Friday. 0 Replies

So anyways...just put it in the mix.Continue

Dream On

Started by Chicka Boom in Music. Last reply by gaucho91 Apr 17. 1 Reply

Does there exist a version of Train's cover of Dream On on a CD - maybe as a bonus track? Or on a Japanese limited tour deluxe bonus edition Fan Club CD?Thank You!Continue

Tags: disc, compact

Train - The Band

Started by Alice in Music Apr 15. 0 Replies

Hey, while I'm a great fan of Pat Monahan and I enjoy him, his energy, his talent and his solo CD - truly, love it. I also listen to the Pat Cast, which is fun, but what about the rest of the band?…Continue

Meet and Greet

Started by Amber in Tour. Last reply by Aaron Alva Apr 14. 8 Replies

Ok so I know the tour is over, however, I want to be prepared for the next tour! I searched for months trying to find meet and greet passes. Can someone please share where you can get them?? Thanks!Continue

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Train.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service