I heard Train might do a Summer US Tour with Matchbox Twenty.

Views: 748

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I heard that it'd be with The Script but I guess we won't know for sure til summer comes! :)

Matchbox Twenty will be at casinos in Lake Charles and Baton Rouge, LA in March and I've seen sites that say Train will be at the Lake Charles one as well but other than a few non-Ticketmaster sites, I need more info! A co-worker of my husband has said Train will be at the BR casino in March but the people at the casino knew nothing about it.

that would be so amazing if they did thats my dream concert right there ..i did hear something about them touring with the script this summer but haven't heard anything about them touring with matchbox twenty i really hope they do if not this year maybe next year or something it would be so amazing to see them together

A Train/Matchbox Twenty tour would be a great double bill, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. Matchbox Twenty is booked from 1/29 through 3/30 in the US and already has Matt Hires as an opening band booked for all dates. It is very doubtful that another band would be added to concert dates already booked. 

Back in the summer of 2001, Train opened for Matchbox Twenty on a 31 date outdoor amphitheater tour. 12 years later Train seems to have a bigger following and would probably be the headliner if there was a double bill. I just can't see Train being added to the current dates.  

Matchbox Twenty heads across the pond to Europe for a few dates in April after the current US tour. I assume more US dates will be added for the summer which will include the West Coast which was not covered by the first leg of the tour. It's possible that a Co-Headlining tour could be done for larger outdoor amphitheaters in the summer, but I still don't see it happening. Over the past year Train moved themselves from playing mid-sized theaters to much larger venues. If Train are thinking about a summer tour, they could headline most venues themselves with an up and coming opening band instead of another headliner. I'm definitely not a promoter, so what do I know? We'll see what happens.  

Donna, what sites have you seen that list Train concert dates other than the current ones in Europe listed on this site?   

Yep, Matchbox 20 will be in Louisiana in Lake Charles and then in Baton Rouge the next night in late March (22nd and 23rd I believe) at the two L'Auberge Casinos. Train has been said to be playing both casinos in March as well but that isn't showing up on any sites like Ticketmaster or this one.

I did a search after my husband told me Train would be at L'Auberge in Baton Rouge when a co-worker told him he was going and also going to see Matchbox 20 the same month. Matchbox 20 tickets aren't on sale yet though (they will be on Feb 8 for BR, earlier I believe for LC) and are on both L'Auberge event pages, a day apart. I searched "Train L'Auberge Casino Louisiana" and got the result for the one in Lake Charles which is when I also saw Matchbox 20 was going to be at that one as well as the one in Baton Rouge. The search result was one of the after-market ticket sales sites and it said tickets will be $50. I saw Train in Houston in September in the pit and as usual, amazing show.

Jeff said:

A Train/Matchbox Twenty tour would be a great double bill, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. Matchbox Twenty is booked from 1/29 through 3/30 in the US and already has Matt Hires as an opening band booked for all dates. It is very doubtful that another band would be added to concert dates already booked. 

Back in the summer of 2001, Train opened for Matchbox Twenty on a 31 date outdoor amphitheater tour. 12 years later Train seems to have a bigger following and would probably be the headliner if there was a double bill. I just can't see Train being added to the current dates.  

Matchbox Twenty heads across the pond to Europe for a few dates in April after the current US tour. I assume more US dates will be added for the summer which will include the West Coast which was not covered by the first leg of the tour. It's possible that a Co-Headlining tour could be done for larger outdoor amphitheaters in the summer, but I still don't see it happening. Over the past year Train moved themselves from playing mid-sized theaters to much larger venues. If Train are thinking about a summer tour, they could headline most venues themselves with an up and coming opening band instead of another headliner. I'm definitely not a promoter, so what do I know? We'll see what happens.  

Donna, what sites have you seen that list Train concert dates other than the current ones in Europe listed on this site?   

I wanted to add Train played The Wharf Amphitheater in Orange Beach, AL in Sept 2010 the week before John Mayer was as the same venue after starting off opening for JM. I saw Train in June 2010 at Hard Rock Biloxi which is a smaller venue but is my favorite place for concerts. I got some great videos up at the stage! So they advanced quickly to playing the larger venues as well they should! :)

Donna Outlaw-Plank said:

I did a search after my husband told me Train would be at L'Auberge in Baton Rouge when a co-worker told him he was going and also going to see Matchbox 20 the same month. Matchbox 20 tickets aren't on sale yet though (they will be on Feb 8 for BR, earlier I believe for LC) and are on both L'Auberge event pages, a day apart. I searched "Train L'Auberge Casino Louisiana" and got the result for the one in Lake Charles which is when I also saw Matchbox 20 was going to be at that one as well as the one in Baton Rouge. The search result was one of the after-market ticket sales sites and it said tickets will be $50. I saw Train in Houston in September in the pit and as usual, amazing show.

Jeff said:

A Train/Matchbox Twenty tour would be a great double bill, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. Matchbox Twenty is booked from 1/29 through 3/30 in the US and already has Matt Hires as an opening band booked for all dates. It is very doubtful that another band would be added to concert dates already booked. 

Back in the summer of 2001, Train opened for Matchbox Twenty on a 31 date outdoor amphitheater tour. 12 years later Train seems to have a bigger following and would probably be the headliner if there was a double bill. I just can't see Train being added to the current dates.  

Matchbox Twenty heads across the pond to Europe for a few dates in April after the current US tour. I assume more US dates will be added for the summer which will include the West Coast which was not covered by the first leg of the tour. It's possible that a Co-Headlining tour could be done for larger outdoor amphitheaters in the summer, but I still don't see it happening. Over the past year Train moved themselves from playing mid-sized theaters to much larger venues. If Train are thinking about a summer tour, they could headline most venues themselves with an up and coming opening band instead of another headliner. I'm definitely not a promoter, so what do I know? We'll see what happens.  

Donna, what sites have you seen that list Train concert dates other than the current ones in Europe listed on this site?   

Thanks for the update Donna. I did the same search you did and I think the sites you are looking at are still listing dates in 2011 when Train played  L'Auberge Casino Louisiana on March 6, 2011. Keep us updated if you hear any other news on tour dates.

That would be SO cool, Pat and Rob's voices are both so great!  Saw them three times last year...but can't wait for more.  Their live shows are among the best I've seen!

 

I was at the show in Biloxi!



Donna Outlaw-Plank said:

I wanted to add Train played The Wharf Amphitheater in Orange Beach, AL in Sept 2010 the week before John Mayer was as the same venue after starting off opening for JM. I saw Train in June 2010 at Hard Rock Biloxi which is a smaller venue but is my favorite place for concerts. I got some great videos up at the stage! So they advanced quickly to playing the larger venues as well they should! :)

Donna Outlaw-Plank said:

I did a search after my husband told me Train would be at L'Auberge in Baton Rouge when a co-worker told him he was going and also going to see Matchbox 20 the same month. Matchbox 20 tickets aren't on sale yet though (they will be on Feb 8 for BR, earlier I believe for LC) and are on both L'Auberge event pages, a day apart. I searched "Train L'Auberge Casino Louisiana" and got the result for the one in Lake Charles which is when I also saw Matchbox 20 was going to be at that one as well as the one in Baton Rouge. The search result was one of the after-market ticket sales sites and it said tickets will be $50. I saw Train in Houston in September in the pit and as usual, amazing show.

Jeff said:

A Train/Matchbox Twenty tour would be a great double bill, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. Matchbox Twenty is booked from 1/29 through 3/30 in the US and already has Matt Hires as an opening band booked for all dates. It is very doubtful that another band would be added to concert dates already booked. 

Back in the summer of 2001, Train opened for Matchbox Twenty on a 31 date outdoor amphitheater tour. 12 years later Train seems to have a bigger following and would probably be the headliner if there was a double bill. I just can't see Train being added to the current dates.  

Matchbox Twenty heads across the pond to Europe for a few dates in April after the current US tour. I assume more US dates will be added for the summer which will include the West Coast which was not covered by the first leg of the tour. It's possible that a Co-Headlining tour could be done for larger outdoor amphitheaters in the summer, but I still don't see it happening. Over the past year Train moved themselves from playing mid-sized theaters to much larger venues. If Train are thinking about a summer tour, they could headline most venues themselves with an up and coming opening band instead of another headliner. I'm definitely not a promoter, so what do I know? We'll see what happens.  

Donna, what sites have you seen that list Train concert dates other than the current ones in Europe listed on this site?   

I just want to know when Train will be performing in Illinois again! Saw them in Chicago during the Christmas holidays and it was an amazing show. Everyone should check out the Train DVD "Midnight Moon".

Hmmm....Jimmy said the other day that the 2013 US tour dates would be announced today and asked if anyone had any idea who the two groups would be that they'd be touring with.   I haven't seen anything yet, has anyone else heard anything??

 

:D

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Save Me, San Francisco

Visit us online




More Train

Featured Videos

MUSIC

PATCAST

SHOWS


Forum

Song About The Cruise

Started by Bondo in Off-Topic on Friday. 0 Replies

So anyways...just put it in the mix.Continue

Dream On

Started by Chicka Boom in Music. Last reply by gaucho91 Apr 17. 1 Reply

Does there exist a version of Train's cover of Dream On on a CD - maybe as a bonus track? Or on a Japanese limited tour deluxe bonus edition Fan Club CD?Thank You!Continue

Tags: disc, compact

Train - The Band

Started by Alice in Music Apr 15. 0 Replies

Hey, while I'm a great fan of Pat Monahan and I enjoy him, his energy, his talent and his solo CD - truly, love it. I also listen to the Pat Cast, which is fun, but what about the rest of the band?…Continue

Meet and Greet

Started by Amber in Tour. Last reply by Aaron Alva Apr 14. 8 Replies

Ok so I know the tour is over, however, I want to be prepared for the next tour! I searched for months trying to find meet and greet passes. Can someone please share where you can get them?? Thanks!Continue

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos
  • View All

© 2014   Created by Train.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service