The fifth show of Train's San Francisco Tour at the Independent again saw a complete mix up of songs and introduction of a few old ones. Sorry about the late post of the setlist, but the group I was with went out after the show and hit it hard at the bars. I thought I posted the setlist about 3 AM on Saturday night/Sunday morning, but I must have posted it on the Justin Beiver set by accident.

My hope was that Train would pull out My Private Nation, Mississippi, or covers of Dream On, some Zep stuff, etc. for my last show, but no go. Even without my request list being played, Train put a very enjoyable show. Another surprise open song on Saturday night. It look me a few seconds to figure out the song, but it was Train, song I don't think I've ever heard in concert. I know it was played quite a bit on their earlier tours, but not much in the last eight or so years. 50 ways to say goodbye was moved from the middle of the set to the second spot. 50 ways featured a local guy that I was told is a music teacher during the day on trumpet.

The show picked up a little with crowd sing-a-long favorites If it's Love and Get to Me. Let It Roll although not one of top picks, was a nice treat in the fifth spot. We also got to hear Hopeless later in the set.

The boys again didn't leave the stage between the main set and the encores. Nice long encore set on Saturday.

An interesting note was that the bouncers made it very well known that cameras were not to be used at the Saturday night show. Camera phones were OK, but absolutely no flashes or regular cameras at all. They announced that that you will be asked to leave if found taking pictures. I found that strange because the band had no problems with any type of cameras in previous shows. On the way out I saw a small sign stating that Sony Entertainment was recording tonight's show. I didn't see any camera men at all, and the stage lighting wasn't that great concert video. I can only guess that the show was being recorded for the audio only, but why the no camera policy? We'll see if anything comes from the recording.

I had tickets for last night's Fillmore show, but the girlfriend was giving me a hard time to "See the same band 4 times in one week" so I didn't make it. If anyone has updates or setlists from the other three shows that I didn't review, please post them. (Slims, Fillmore, Great American Music Hall)

I really enjoyed seeing Train going back to their roots and playing interesting setlists every night over the past week. I'm always a Train fan, but have to admit that some of the recent shows on the last two tours were just repetition of the same setlist night after night and became so predictable and almost boring. The new songs work very well in concert. I'm hoping Train keeps up the good work and keeps the energy into the shows on the upcoming tour.     

Setlist

Train

50 Ways To Say Goodbye

If It's Love

Get To Me

Let It Roll

I'm Not Waiting In LIne

This Will Be My Year

Hopeless

Bruises

Calling All Angeles

Feels Good At First

Soul Sister

Encore

Drive By

Save Me San Francisco

Don't Stop Believing

Drops of Jupiter

Views: 836

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

awesome set list thanks jeff =D

Hi everyone! Great set list but I am surprised to not see "meet virginia"....but then again, I want every Train song, every time!

They did play Meet Virginia at the request of Bert.

Zaidagal said:

Hi everyone! Great set list but I am surprised to not see "meet virginia"....but then again, I want every Train song, every time!

Sorry, I made a mistake. They did play Meet Virginia in the encore set. I believe it was between Save Me San Francisco and Don't Stop Believing. All other songs should be correct and in the right order.

Yay awesome set! Hopeless is my fav so hope they play it in Sydney! Meet virginia would be awesome live! Thanks for posting got me all tingly for the tour!  

The Opera House should be a fantastic place to see Train. Enjoy the show. We don't get to seet them back to our area in California till September.   

Nicole McGrath said:

Yay awesome set! Hopeless is my fav so hope they play it in Sydney! Meet virginia would be awesome live! Thanks for posting got me all tingly for the tour!  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Save Me, San Francisco

Visit us online

More Train

Featured Videos

MUSIC

PATCAST

SHOWS

Forum

Song About The Cruise

Started by Bondo in Off-Topic 16 hours ago. 0 Replies

So anyways...just put it in the mix.Continue

Dream On

Started by Chicka Boom in Music. Last reply by gaucho91 yesterday. 1 Reply

Does there exist a version of Train's cover of Dream On on a CD - maybe as a bonus track? Or on a Japanese limited tour deluxe bonus edition Fan Club CD?Thank You!Continue

Tags: disc, compact

Train - The Band

Started by Alice in Music on Wednesday. 0 Replies

Hey, while I'm a great fan of Pat Monahan and I enjoy him, his energy, his talent and his solo CD - truly, love it. I also listen to the Pat Cast, which is fun, but what about the rest of the band?…Continue

Meet and Greet

Started by Amber in Tour. Last reply by Aaron Alva on Monday. 8 Replies

Ok so I know the tour is over, however, I want to be prepared for the next tour! I searched for months trying to find meet and greet passes. Can someone please share where you can get them?? Thanks!Continue

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Train.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service